A New York Steak
Main ingredientbeef strip steak
Ingredientskosher salt, black pepper, vegetable oil, unsalted butter, thyme
Best selling stovetop on Amazon
1. Leave 2 New York strip steaks at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking. Pat the meat dry with paper towel.
2. Heat a cast iron pan over high heat and add 2 tbs vegetable oil.
3. Gently place the 2 steaks in the hot butter and leave them undisturbed for 3 minutes, until a golden crust forms.
4. Turn the steaks and sear the other stide for 4 to 5 minutes for medium doneness.
5. During the last minute, add 1 tbs butter and a few fresh thyme sprigs. Serve the meat and spoon some of the butter over it.