A Whole Chicken
Best selling oven on Amazon
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Use a 2.5 to 3 lbs for this recipe. Place the chicken in a roasting pan and tie the drumsticks together with kitchen twine.
2. Pat the chicken dry and season it to taste with salt and pepper and other dried herbs.
3. Roast the chicken for a total of 1 hour and 15 minutes. After 30 minutes, arrange a couple of carrots, red potatoes, a turnip and an onion around the chicken. After 1 hour of roasting, cover the chicken with tin foil after an hour to prevent from browning too much.
4. Insert a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the chicken to check the internal temperature, which should be at 165°F when the meat is ready.
5. Cover the chicken with aluminum foil and leave to rest for about 15 minutes before serving.