Best selling stovetop on Amazon
1. Heat some vegetable oil in a large casserole and fry 4 lamb shanks until browned completely. Reserve the meat.
2. Add 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped carrot, 1 chopped celery stalk, 2 crushed garlic cloves and some rosemary to the casserole and caramelise. Return the lamb to the casserole and deglaze with 1 cup of red whine.
3. Add 3 cups of chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 hours. Check often for impurities rising to the surface.
4. The lamb is ready when the meat is easily removed from the bone with a fork.
5. Remove the lamb shanks from the broth. Strain the liquid and reduce it to a thick sauce.