A Deer Roast
Best selling oven on Amazon
1. Preheat the oven to 250°F. Rub the meat with salt and pepper and set it aside. Chop 5 carrots, 1 onion and 4 garlic cloves. Brown the onion and the garlic and set aside. Sear the carrots for a couple of minutes and add them to the onion and garlic mix.
2. Pour some more oil in the pan and sear the meat on each side for 1 minute. Remove it and leave to rest. Quickly whisk 1/3 of the beef stock at the bottom of the pot and remove from the heat.
3. Cover the bottom of the pot with the carrot/onion/garlic mix and place the meat on top of it. Add a rosemary twig, parsley, 1.5 cuups of beef stock and 1tbs of onion soup mix per pound of meat. Cover the pot and leave it in the oven for 3 hours at 250°F. Then add the potatoes and bake for an extra 3 hours at the same temperature.
4. Take out the roast and remove the vegetables. Cover the meat and the vegetables separately with tin foil.
5. Shred the deer meat and serve with the vegetables. Pour gravy on top of the meat for a perfect finish.