A Spoon Roast
Main ingredientbeef sirloin
Ingredientssalt, black pepper, garlic powder, carrots, celery stalks, onions, beef broth, cornstarch
Best selling oven on Amazon
1. Preheat the oven to 500°F. Rub the beef sirloin with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
2. Layer a backing tray with chopped carrots, celery and onions. Place the sirloin on a roasting rack in the tray. Roast for 15 minutes.
3. Lower the heat to 350°F and roast for an extra 1 hour and 15 minutes. Halfway, pour 300ml of beef broth into the tray.
4. Take the roast out of the oven, cover it with tin foil and leave it to rest for half an hour. Remove the vegetables and keep separate. Add another 300ml of beef broth to the bottom of the roasting tray and whisk it over medium heat with 2 tbs of cornstarch to obtain a thick gravy.
5. Serve the spoon roast with mashed potatoes and the vegetables.