Best selling oven on Amazon
1. Allow a 3 lbs beef topside to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking. Preheat the oven to 475°F.
2. Wash and chop 2 onions, 2 celery stalks and 4 or 5 garlic cloves. Place all the vegetables in an oven dish and drizzle with olive oil. Season the beef with olive oil, salt and pepper and place it on top of the vegetables.
3. Place the dish in the oven and lower the temperature to 400°F. Roast the beef for 1 hour for medium doneness.
4. Halfway through cooking, baste the beef with the cooking liquids. Add some water if necessary.
5. When done, place the roast beef on a cutting board and cover it with aluminum foil. Allow to rest for 15 minutes.