Steak On Stove
Main ingredientbeef T-bone steak
Ingredientskosher salt, black pepper, vegetable oil, unsalted butter, thyme, shallot
Best selling stovetop on Amazon
1. Allow a large T-bone steak to reach room temperature for 45 minutes. Then, pat dry with paper towel and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Heat 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet and carefully place the steak when the oil starts to smoke.
3. Flip the meat a couple of times and cook for 4 minutes in all.
4. Add 3 tbs butter, some fresh thyme or rosemary and 1 sliced shallot to the skillet. Baste the meat with the melted butter. Continue to flip the meat regularly until the internal temperature reaches 120°F to 125°F for medium rare doneness.
5. Allow the steak to rest on a plate for 10 minutes before serving.