Filet Mignon Sous Vide
Best selling sous vide cooker on Amazon
1. Heat the water bath of the sous vide cooker to 132°F for medium-rare doneness.
2. Place 4 one inch-thick filet mignons in two separate ziplock or sous vide bags. Two per bag.
3. Cook the filet mignons for 1 hour. The thicker the filet mignons, the longer you will need to cook them.
4. Take the meat out of the bags and pat it dry with paper towel. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Melt 2 tbs butter and 1 tbs olive oil in a preheated skillet. Sear the filet mignons for 1 minute per side. Spoon the melted butter over the meat while cooking. Serve immediately.